Friday, May 27, 2011

update on my life

I graduated from eighth grade on Tuesday, and it was wonderful. I got a nice pretty dress - purple with a big sparkly square just above my bellybutton. After the recognition ceremony Grandma and Grandpa L. treated my parents Zeke and me to a wonderful Outback lunch. However I think that my favorite part was that I am finally done with junior high. Summer here I come!
              My first day of summer was spent helping my mom clean out her classroom (being a preschool teacher is hard work, I wonder whats it like on normal days). Then right after I went to my house to tidy up so the carpets and vents could be cleaned from the smoke from the small house fire we had around two weeks ago. That was fun, within fifteen minutes I was black with soot, yeah!
I also made my very first tie-dye shirt for girls camp, which turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.
              We are having lots of fun with Ben, Grant, and Zach. They are just a big ole' barrel of monkeys. They just have so much energy, and they are just awesome. They are always running around Grandma & Grandpa's house looking for a good time. Little Zachy, loves to talk, he is just sitting there in his chair telling me a story and I'm just amazed at how smart he is for such a little guy.
                Another essential part of my summer is working out with my auntie Jessica. We ran two miles today, and pumped some serious iron (five pound weights).
                  This summer is looking to be a good one!!!


 
 

   

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are already going into high school! Those babies are sure a good time! barrel of monkeys ha it's a perfect description! pumping serious iron...5 pounds feels like serious iron today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there to pump iron with you. I am going to read with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we wish that you were here too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to have a fun summer with lots to blog about! :)

    ReplyDelete